Slow Music Meltdown - A repository for mixes and other music miscellanea

Thursday, January 26, 2012

WXBC - Bard Radio


 

Once upon a time in Annandale-on-Hudson, NY, while working towards my BA in photography, I hosted a radio program on WXBC, Bard College radio. It was called, as you might have guessed, Music Meltdown.


Organizing boxes of things from times gone by, I came across old cassettes of mixtapes from before I went digital, as well as the tapes from my first 3 shows on WXBC. I'd been meaning to transfer them for ages, and finally got around to it.

Here is show # 1, with episodes 2 and 3 coming soon - collections of random, on-the-fly musical tastes from my early-middle twenties (circa 2004) that went over both the internet and AM* airwaves. Check back for more of DJ Slow's WXBC Music Meltdown with shout-outs to friends lost and kept along the way, and also watch out for the Meltdown on Hollow Earth Radio every Saturday from 12-2pm PST starting February 18th.


Photo by ATL

*(At that time WXBC was on 540am in addition to being online - not sure if that broadcast still lives or not.)

No comments:

Post a Comment